We can't guarantee University accommodation to students in their second or subsequent years of study - our housing stock, though extensive, is simply not large enough for us to do so!
However, the good news is that we do still expect to have around 1,000 places available in University flats in convenient locations like Marchmont, Newington and around George Square for students...
Each flat will have a viewing time listed and you should go to the flat during the advertised viewing time to gain access. No special arrangement needs to be made as the viewing times have been agreed with the current tenants.
So, whether you want to stay with a group of friends, your family, or even on your own, visit our new Student Homes website - via the link below - to see for yourself what we can offer you!
John McIntryre Conference Centre at Pollock Halls on Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 from 9:00am
All students who wish to reserve a flat must attend the Domus Sales day on the 19th Feb 2020. Each form will be entered into a draw to determine their place in the queue to reserve flats. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAW BY 09.30am ON THE DAY OF RESERVATION.
Applications will not be accepted until 19 February for individual/couple flats from 9:00 at JMCC with the draw taking place from 09:30am
All Group Flats of 2 bedrooms or more:
John McIntryre Conference Centre at Pollock Halls on Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 from 11:00am.
All students who wish to reserve a flat must attend the Domus Sales day on the 19th Feb 2020. Each form will be entered into a draw to determine their place in the queue to reserve flats. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAW BY 12.00 NOON ON THE DAY OF RESERVATION.
Group Flats will be given access to JMCC will be granted from 11.00 AM onwards (students will not be granted access prior to 11:00am) on the 19 February and the lottery draw will take place from 12:00 NOON.
• Any groups who arrive after 12.00 noon will not be placed into the lottery and will be able to reserve flats on a first come first served basis after the students who have elected to go into the lottery. Please be aware many flats will have already been reserved by this point.
• Once the group’s form has been drawn students will be directed to a separate room and queued in an order according to the lottery draw. They will then be asked which flat they wish to reserve. If students have rent arrears they will not be able to reserve a flat.
• They may have to queue to reserve a flat for around 2-3 hours. Not all members of your group need to be present they can appoint one person from the group to reserve a flat but all details must be completed on the application form
- Contents Insurance included in the rent
- Data and telephony services included in the rent in the majority of our flats
- Our support network will still be available to you, at all times
- A wide choice of flats and studios, so you can share with your friends or live independently
- No hidden extras or upfront charges
- We don't charge for carrying out any credit checks
- No parent needs to act as guarantor and we will not ask for any references
If you have any questions or queries regarding our flats or how to reserve a flat please contact us as at Pollock Reception Monday – Friday 9:00-17:00 or on 0131 651 2107.